The SkillsFuture Credit Scheme aims to encourage individuals to take ownership of their skills development and lifelong learning. Introduced in 2015, all Singaporeans aged 25 years and above will receive an opening credit of $500. This credit does not expire.
On top of this opening credit, a one-off top-up credit of $500 will be available for use from 1 October 2020. This top-up credit will expire on 31 December 2025.
ISA strongly supports the government's initiative in getting Singaporeans to upskill and stay relevant and employable. The following ISA courses are approved for SkillsFuture Credits use.
*Applicants must have a working SingPass to make a submission to SkillsFuture to use their credits. Once the submission is approved, applicants will only have to pay for the nett course fees, if any.
The Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more members to go for skills upgrading. NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded^course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP, subject to the following criteria:
1. Applicants must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance and sat for all assessments, if any.
2. Only Ordinary Branch, General Branch and OB/UCLUB members who are paying $117/year will be eligible.
3. NTUC membership must be paid up before course commenced, throughout the whole course duration, and at the point of claim.
4. Training must commence within the funding period.
5. UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after course completion.
6. Course must not be fully funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding.
7. Unfunded course fee must be $20 and above.
^Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc fees, etc.
From 19 June 2020, NTUC Union Members aged 40 years and above will now get a one time top-up of $250 to their existing UTAP balance. This group of members can now enjoy higher funding support up to $500 per individual each year, capped at 50% of unfunded course fees, for courses attended between 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2022. There is no change for members below 40 years old. They continue to enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when they sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
The following ISA courses are supported under UTAP.
*Applicants must pay for the full course fees first. After the course is completed, applicants can log in to the U Portal account to submit their UTAP application, within 6 months after course completion.